Speedy Group Reservation Secrets
Want to speed things along when blocking off rooms or booking group flight reservations for a wedding, family reunion, or special occasion with friends? Believe it or not, so do the group reservation agents. Plan ahead with these basic steps, so the group reps can speed things along.
- Familiarize yourself with the benefits of group booking such as same rates for every member of your party, potential room upgrades, and more, so you know what to expect.
- Know the myths of getting a discount so you can better plan the timing of your trip, etc.
- Educate yourself about some basic hotel group policies so the questions you ask are more specific and tailored down to your group's needs.
- Educate yourself about standard airline deposit terms and lingo so you're as prepared as possible when it comes time to make a group reservation.
- Use the "who's coming" (RSVP/invite) feature of TripHub to correctly estimate the number of group passengers who will travel will help avoid penalties for falling below the minimum number needed for a group rate. Give the group representative a number as close to accurate as you can.
- Flexibility on dates and times is key. If your group can travel at different times or on different dates, this will assist the group desk in finding the best rates.
- Discuss alternative airports or destinations with your group and give that information (in comment fields on online forms) to the group reservation desk. This could result in additional savings for the trip.