A Carnival of Travel Is Born
Update: The Carnival of Travel is no longer active but Group Trip Advisor welcomes guest posts. Please contact us to learn more.
What's a carnival? Cotton candy aside, it is a collection of blog articles on a related topic. In this case: travel. It's a way to show off your travel writing. There are a plethora of travel blogs; too many wonderful articles to create a "best of breed." The carnival of travel is a way of creating a list of the best of the best, submitted by you, the travel bloggers.
Simply submit your best travel blog article. Any post that gives you a genuine sense of accomplishment. Humorous. Inspiring. Adventurous. Scary. Stories travelers can relate to. Insights or musings that entertain or make us ponder. Tips we need to know before we travel again. Anything goes.
Have kids, but still determined to take that summer vacation? We want to hear stories, tips, rants, raves. What's beautiful about traveling as a family? What makes you pull your hair out?
Wax poetic. Give us the nitty gritty of traveling across borders and boundaries. Share the wonders of traveling and open our eyes to the experience of seeing natural, cultural, and artistic beauty around the world. Whether you've traveled with friends, relatives, immediate family, or even trekked with yourself as your guide, all perspectives have merit.
- Articles submitted must be your own writing.
- Subject matter must be about travel.
- Format can include blog articles with prose, poetry, bullet points, tips, anecdotes, photos (keep it clean), etc.
The goal is to continue to publish carnivals (collections of travel blog articles) regularly. In the future, upcoming editions will include such topics as adventure travel, family travel and other travel. For the inaugural carnival of travel edition, any subject in travel goes! It's a new endeavor to collaborate on travel musings and writings and share travel experiences. Thanks for participating.
Postscript: The Carnival of Travel ran from July 2006 through April 2007. Thank you to all of the travel bloggers who submitted beautifully-written pieces about subjects as varied as sailing to the Philippines, first impressions of Venice, and tips on how to inject adventure into your life.
Here's a list of Carnival of Travel posts:
- Travel Carnival 12: Potpourri
- 11th Carnival of Travel: Culinary Commentary
- 10th Carnival of Travel: Outdoor Adventures
- 9th Carnival of Travel: Potpourri
- 8th Carnival of Travel: Inspiration
- Travel Carnival 7: Suprising Joy When Traveling
- Travel Carnival 6: Family Travel in All Its Glory
- Travel Carnival 5: Photos Worth 1,000 Words
- Travel Carnival 4: Nature's Bounty
- Travel Carnival: 3rd Edition
- Travel Carnival: Take Two
- Travel Carnival: Inaugural Edition
July 13, 2006